Wedding rings, a fairytale

Wedding rings, a fairytale

Once upon a time, there was a princess who had an engagement ring and wedding ring that fit perfectly.

This princess spent her days devoted to exercising and eating well to maintain the width of her fabulous fingers.

One day, the royal maiden fell pregnant and began to stuff her face with all and sundry, while exercise became a waddle around the perimeter of her company HQ to avoid actually doing any work.

By the middle of her pregnancy, the princess wisely decided to remove her rings so as not to face any embarrassment at the local A&E having them cut off.

Once the stork had brought the princess her bundle of joy, she went to return the rings to their rightful finger to live happily ever after.

The bloody rings wouldn’t fit. And Google is crap for finding exercises that tone up your fingers.

After 12 long weeks, the princess managed to jam the engagement ring back onto her finger. She kept it on for approximately 50 minutes before realising her finger had gone numb and was turning purple.

The princess now resides in her castle – ringless and miserable because she may have to live with fat fingers for all eternity.

1. February 21, 2017 / 12:45 pm

Awwwh your rings are so beautiful, i found your post very hilarious. I rarely wore mine postpartum as i was mainly indoors with the baby- who need one anyway when all you do is clean poop 🙂
    #twinklytuesday

• February 21, 2017 / 1:44 pm

Thank you 🙂 This is a good point actually – at least they are poop-free!

2. February 21, 2017 / 12:55 pm

My finger was “measured” when I got engaged. Turns out, it made my finger purple because it was so tight. (The salesperson said that was the way it was supposed to be!)

• February 21, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Haha! Yes, didn’t you know your finger is supposed to drop off from restricted blood supply by your 1st anniversary?

3. February 21, 2017 / 3:57 pm

Oh no, they are so beautiful!! Can you not get them resized? #twinklytuesday

• February 21, 2017 / 3:59 pm

I’m holding out for a little longer to see if losing weight helps (like the old donkey with a carrot thing) but otherwise I think I’ll have to!

4. February 21, 2017 / 6:09 pm

I put on 4 stone with my little man and my rings wouldn’t go no-where near my sausage roll fingers but after loosing the weight I managed to fit them back on…..my fingers are blue but hey the avatar look is cool right!?

• February 21, 2017 / 6:22 pm

Ahh so they did go back on?! There is hope for me (sorry, the princess) yet! I heard blue fingers are in this season anyway…

5. February 21, 2017 / 9:27 pm

You’re rings are so beautiful. Hopefully you can start wearing them again soon! #TwinklyTuesday

• February 21, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Thank you – I think I’m solely dieting for slim fingers at the moment!

6. February 26, 2017 / 9:03 pm

Stunning rings. I don’t have wedding ones but there is a special one that I had to switch fingers! The kids are worth it though right?! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

• February 26, 2017 / 9:51 pm

Haha yes, she’s worth it so I supposed I’ll let her off!

7. March 26, 2017 / 4:29 am

Beautiful rings. I wore my on a necklace during pregnancy but was lucky they fit back on days after then had to have it resized after a year.