Last week was my 2 month blogging anniversary as a new blogger with Muffin top mummy (woohoooo).
Since I wrote a post outlining my learning as a new blogger last month, I thought I’d update it with all the new stuff I’ve been up to. So much seems to have happened in such a short time – the blogging world really moves quickly!
So without further ado, I give you my new blogger update:
- Britmums featured me in their newbie round-up with the post A new mother’s guide to mummy etiquette. Small winnings, but we’ve all got to start somewhere. Getting picked was a happy dance moment for sure.
- My organisational ability is being tested. It certainly hasn’t got any easier juggling a new baby and growing a blog. With all of the learning and promotion, I struggle to find time to actually write the damn blog posts to begin with. Recently, I decided to reduce the amount of posts in a week to 3. They’re live Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except this one which is going after the bank hol as I’m feeling lazy). If I get inspired, I’ll write another – but at least the pressure is off!
- I’ve started writing reviews. Another happy dance moment (lots of dancing this month) was when I was asked to do a couple of book reviews. So far, I’ve read and completed my review on Mum Hacks and am reading another. Again, this is a small win, but for a new blogger, it’s all good practice on writing reviews in my own style. Plus, the book was bloody helpful too!
- I’m growing my social channels. The main channels I’m focusing on are Twitter (930 followers as of now), Instagram (516 followers) and Facebook (114 followers). I find Facebook the hardest to grow so any tips on that would be very welcome. I’ve also discovered tonnes of Facebook groups that have helped me find guest posts, Instagram pods and like/comment threads. These are invaluable to my growth and I urge anyone who hasn’t made use of them to join a few now!
- I’m having to limit the number guest posts I commit to writing. I get over-excited when I see adverts for guest posts. I say yes to them all and then realise I’ve got to write my own posts first. I’ve promised myself I won’t commit to more than one a week. And yet, as I type this I’ve just signed up to another despite having two to write already.
What’s next for Muffin top mummy?
- Keep learning – from everything Youbabymemummy has to offer, to a paid for phone photography course.
- New banners – I’m in talks with a designer to get some new banners to look all sexy and professional.
- Vlogging – yes, I’m thinking of expanding into video. I just need to do something with my face first…
- Bloody Pinterest and StumbleUpon – can someone please sort these out for me!?
Is there anything you were doing 2 months in that you think I’m missing? Let me know in the comments below!