Muffin top diet diaries – Entry #2

Muffin top diet diaries – Entry #2

1st May 2017

Dear Diary,

Last week, I kicked off a new series, all about finding the perfect Muffin Top diet to help shed the bulk of the baby weight before the summer. If you missed the first installment, you can catch it here.

Muffin Top Diet Diaries

Week One results

(Drum roll please) Sooo this week, I have lost a grand total of….. zilch. Nada. Not a damn sausage.

I literally worked my over-sized behind off and couldn’t wait to step on those scales this morning, only to be bitterly disappointed. The number read exactly as it did last week – as if someone had drawn them on to spite me and my hard work.

What went wrong? Let’s have a think about that shall we…

What did I do wrong?

Last week, I stayed true to my word and ate a bowl of Special K for breakfast and lunch everyday. On my fasting days, I ate only one bowl. I then hungrily devoured a healthy-ish meal in the evenings.

On top of this barbaric torture, I also completed week one of Kayla Itsines’ Bikini Body Guide. The guide was my bible on the run up to my wedding. This week however, it was my tormentor – but I Β struggled through it. On top of the circuit training days, I went for long, speedy walks and even a sexy little jog.

So why the f*** did the scales defy me?

I’m pretty sure that when I look in the mirror, things have started to tighten up a bit. Except when I look in the Primark changing rooms mirror. I think they shipped them in from a carnival as I was all sorts of funny shapes in there. It even made me believe that the size 12 jeans I was trying on didn’t fit. And I swear, it was definitely the mirror and not the fact they wouldn’t even pull up over my bum.

I think the problem may be twofold. Of course, with all the squatting and pressing and crunching, I must have packed on a great deal of muscle (haha, sure thing) which is denser than fat. Everyone knows that little nugget of denial.

The second problem lies in the Special K idea. Trouble is, I think my bowls were a tad too big and I over-compensated with my dinner portions. I thought I was being a saint, but from the looks of it, I was a massive cereal sinner.

Post Workout Selfie

How I felt after my first tough workout in over a year…

So it didn’t work, what next?

This week, I shall undoubtedly continue with my Bikini Body Guide workouts. These bad boys are the key to MILF-hood.

In terms of food, I’ll stick to the 5:2 as per usual, but sod off am I eating endless cereal with no reward. Instead, I’ll be munching on ‘Mug shots’ for lunch and then aiming for less of a mountain of food for dinner.

If things don’t improve, I might consider going low-carb in the next few weeks (I’ll keep you posted), but the last time I tried it, I felt like I was dying. Salad, fruit and all things healthy (when eaten without carbs) gives me cramps like you wouldn’t believe. And self-induced IBS just isn’t a hot look.

So diary, cheers to this coming week – wish me luck, I’m going to need it!

Love and muffin tops,

Lucy x

Muffin Top Diet

3 Little Buttons

1. May 1, 2017 / 8:57 pm

It’s so annoying when you really fell like you’re making an effort but don’t see the results isn’t it?! I’m dreading the scales this week what with having an extra day off work to contend with. Snacking at home is my nemesis… #MarvMondays

May 1, 2017 / 10:15 pm

Yes! I genuinely thought I’d lost loads πŸ˜‚ I know – being at home is my weakness right now I think πŸ™ˆ

• May 1, 2017 / 10:22 pm

It’s so hard isn’t it?! I know that when I’m at work I will only eat all the healthy stuff I have taken with me, with no chance of delving into the cupboards! x

2. Kiki
    May 2, 2017 / 12:38 am

Have you tried Slimming World? Many of my friends have gone to them when all other options have failed and they’ve managed to lose weight and eat healthily with a few treats thrown in too. #MarvMondays

May 2, 2017 / 7:33 am

I’m on the cusp of giving in to organised dieting! Might be the only thing that could help πŸ™ˆ

3. May 2, 2017 / 10:06 am

Argh I hate it when that happens. I’m sure you’ve lost inches though. Maybe start measuring yourself as well as weighing? #DreamTeam

May 2, 2017 / 11:10 am

That’s a good idea actually! I’m more interested in what I look like rather than what I weigh anyway. Thanks for the advice 😘

4. May 3, 2017 / 2:52 pm

Oh no that’s so disappointing for you! Good luck for next week lovely #MarvMondays

May 3, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Thank you 😊 ready to up my game!

5. May 5, 2017 / 11:04 pm

Good luck lovely, I dont envy you but I totally admire you! I’m sure you’ll do it, lets just call the first week a false start? A practice run? Week two will definitely be better im sure. One thing I’m curious about, is BBG as good as it looks on IG? I’ve been so tempted to try it, but 1 – is dont fancy paying the monthly charge (ridic!) and 2 – im not sure this mummy of two could find the time (read lack of committment), lol! Fab update, thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays. Emily

May 5, 2017 / 11:15 pm

Thank you sweetie! Think we might be calling the second week a false start too πŸ˜‚ we’ll see! I have found that the BBG is the only way I can work out hard at home – it’s simple but it does the job! I don’t have the app, I use the first ever guide in PDF form – time is the issue, but so far I’ve squeezed it in! 😊

6. May 8, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I’ve not really been on a diet before but I’ve heard from lots of friends that it’s all about old school measuring yourself with a tape rather than weighing yourself. I am sure you will start seeing results soon, you’re doing amazing there early is no way I could live off special k xx #dreamteam

May 8, 2017 / 9:02 pm

Haha thank you Wendy. How I look & feel is definitely more important than scales! 😊