The sass of 6 month old – a poem

The sass of 6 month old – a poem

How can there be so much sass in one girl?

It’s enough to make even the straightest hair curl

She’s only six months but she’s going on six

A teenager soon if she keeps up her tricks

I want this, I want that‘ and she can’t even speak

She’s had me in circles everyday of this week

Oh, the girl knows her mind and for that I am proud

But please little darling can we not be so loud?

I am the mum, you should do as I say

Not scream in my face til you get your own way

I was ready for fun at the terrible twos

I thought at this age you would just like to snooze

But oh no, instead I’m your personal slave

Chained to a master so tiny and brave

And what have I learned in my role so far sweet?

You have certain standards that mummy must meet

Such as no getting dressed now, for that will not do

Putting arms through the holes is like torturing you

And we cannot sit down, what a terrible thought

I must power on so you won’t get distraught

But of course, I’m not holding you right my dear child

An evil that sends you off, totally wild

The minute I fix it, what you want me to do

It’s smiling and laughing and a ‘mamama‘ too

And don’t get me started on eating our food

For the way you behave is just terribly rude

Jealousy, love, is an ugly affair

By the looks of your face though, I don’t think you care

It’s my ice-cream, no, you can’t have a bite

Because you’re too little, shit, oh alright

But I promise you now you will not be a brat

Unless of course darling it’s too late for that

The trouble you see is you’re just too damn cute

To say ‘no’ is like giving a kitten the boot

Doing so honey just seems very cruel

Though perhaps I’ll regret it when you burn down your school

Ah, who am I kidding you’re only a baby

You’ll grow out of this phase soon – hopefully, maybe…

Pink Pear Bear

1. June 5, 2017 / 12:47 pm

No they won’t. We teach them to be independent, confident and to know their own minds. We can hardly complain when that bites us on the arse every so often 🙂

June 5, 2017 / 5:23 pm

Haha very true – I love this take on it!

2. June 5, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Ha ha, love this. Reminds me very much of my little girl, she was exactly the same at 6 months and I’m sorry to report she only got worse (she’s almost three), but I love that she knows her own mind and is so confident. She may be hard to parent but I’m sure her attitude will stand her in good stead when she’s older and I wouldn’t change her for the world x
    #Bigpinklink

June 5, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Haha I love hearing this actually – I’d be happy to know that she’s strong and independent (although I may be coming to you for advice in the future!)

3. June 7, 2017 / 12:02 pm

My oldest daughter (who is now nearly 13) has always had a mind of her own. I can also tell you that, while parenting really is an amazing thing, that headstrong attitude she’s got probably won’t improve. You’ll learn to roll with the punches and enjoy it though. 🙂

June 7, 2017 / 12:30 pm

I’m almost happy to hear this actually – I’d prefer her to be more headstrong than I was. Although it’s going to take some used to dealing with this sass 😂

• June 7, 2017 / 1:12 pm

I agree! I was also not headstrong enough as a young lady. Our Sammy is so well spoken and very sure of herself. Can be frustrating at times, for sure, but they are great qualities to have. 🙂

4. June 8, 2017 / 11:47 am

Ahahaha brilliant! I have the 6 year old version of this now and she is much improved although still has her moments! Thanks for linking up with us. #bigpinklink

June 8, 2017 / 11:52 am

Ah good – so only another 5 and a half years to go for me then! 😂

5. Mainy - myrealfairy
    June 10, 2017 / 9:42 am

Brilliant, love it and so true. I think most days am I letting myself in for worse things to come with my boys:)
    Mainy
    #blogstravaganza

June 10, 2017 / 9:53 am

Haha maybe the tides will turn for us… I doubt it… but maybe 😂

6. suzanna
    June 10, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Brilliant poem. Love the sound of your little one 🙂
    #Blogstravaganza

June 10, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Thank you Suzanna – she’s pretty great really 😂

7. June 11, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Haha, I love this and with two girls in the house, it sounds all too familiar! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

June 11, 2017 / 7:54 pm

Hahaha I bet it does! Thank you once again for having me 😊

8. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    June 15, 2017 / 8:21 pm

They grow so quickly! Zach is 14 months and points at food and shouts until he gets it or throws a major wobbly if I say no. Anya is 4 going on 14, major attitude but can turn on the charm. Matt is so grown up with his photographic memory and I can’t get away with anything! #coolmmumclub

June 15, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Hahaha so basically, you can’t win with anyone! 🙈 I don’t know why I expected complete compliance really – clueless mummy 😂

9. June 15, 2017 / 9:00 pm

Oh she sounds like a right little character – you have written this so hilariously! I hope you are ready for what she’s going to be like as a toddler!

Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub

June 15, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Haha thank you. I know – I think we’ll need a 2.0 poem when we move on to toddler-hood!

10. June 19, 2017 / 8:47 am

This is my youngest, it’s his way or the high way X #coolmumclub

June 19, 2017 / 9:18 am

Hahaha glad I’m not the only one!